Green Pest Defense has been providing pest control solutions for homes and businesses for over 10 years. We service Cumberland, Cumberland county, and other counties in southern Maine and midcoast Maine.
Our licensed and insured team has the tools and experience to handle all of your pest issues, with different levels of service to meet all your pest control needs.
Whether you have problems with mice, cockroaches, flies, spiders, wasps ticks, mosquitoes, or other household pests or wildlife, we’re here to help provide Cumberland pest control.
For Cumberland pest control, you can contact us through our website, call us at (207) 536-6212, or send an email to [email protected].
One of our ongoing home protection plans can help you target rodent problems or wasp problems, along with other household pests in Maine.
Cumberland Rodent Control
Rats, mice, and other rodents are never something you want to see in or around your house. Beyond mutual screams when you encounter each other, rodents can be destructive and transmit diseases both directly and indirectly.
If you’ve seen a rodent, found their droppings, found their nests, heard them, or smelled the unmistakable scent of a dead one under your floorboards or in your walls, it’s time to call Green Pest Defense for Cumberland rodent control.
Cold Maine winters drive rodents indoors looking for food or shelter. Mice can enter your home through a hole the size of a dime. The most common Maine rodents you might find in or around your home include:
- House mice: House mice are 2.5-3.75 inches long and dusty grey with a cream-colored belly. They can have up to six babies every three weeks, so an infestation can happen rapidly. They also can carry the Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis(LCM) disease.
- Deer mice: Deer mice are 5-8 inches long and brown with a white belly and feet. They’re mainly in rural or farming areas, but they also sometimes invade homes and outbuildings. The main concern with these mice are that they often carry Hantavirusand help spread Lyme disease.
- White-footed mice: White-footed mice are 3.5-3.9 inches long, and are brown with a white belly and feet. They sometimes invade ground-floor walls in homes. They, too, may carry Hantavirus and can help spread Lyme disease.
- Norway rats: Norway rats are 16 inches long and have shaggy brown or grey fur. They can weigh over a pound. They gnaw constantly and can cause severe structural damage. They’re a carrier of the Seoul virus(a type of hantavirus), plague, rat-bite fever, and other diseases.
Rodent prevention is about eliminating ways for them to enter your home, places they can hide outside your home, and available food sources both indoors and out.
If you need Cumberland rat control or Cumberland rodent control of any type, we know how to locate the source of your rodent problem and help you identify what’s attracting them to your home. We can set pet- and child-safe traps to eliminate them and help you make your home unattractive for future rodents that pass your way.
Cumberland Wasp Control
If you’ve ever experienced a wasp bite, you know you don’t want to have wasps anywhere near your house. Not only does their bite cause excruciating pain, but a wasp bite can cause extreme allergic reactions in some people that can even result in death.
The most common wasps in Maine are:
- Yellowjackets: Yellowjackets are ⅜ to ⅝ inches long and have a thin, black- and yellow-striped body. They make their nests in underground burrows that can contain thousands.
- Paper wasps: Paper wasps are ⅝ to ¾ inches long and can be brown or have black, yellow, and orange stripes. They often make their nests in door and window frames, under house eaves, and sometimes in trees, with 20-30 wasps inside.
- Bald-faced hornets: Bald-faced hornets are ¾ inch long, fat, and are black with white markings. They usually build their basketball-sized (or larger) nests in trees, hedges, or under house eaves, with up to 400+ workers living inside.
Wasp prevention involves removing food sources, using wasp-repelling plants, sealing trash cans and composting bins, and covering up ground holes.
You certainly don’t want to anger a nest of tens, hundreds, or thousands of wasps. Thus, the safest way to find and remove a wasp nest without peril to yourself is to contact the Cumberland wasp control specialists at Green Pest Defense.
If you need Cumberland yellowjacket control or Cumberland wasp control of any type, we can find and remove wasp nests from your property, completely eliminating your source of concern. Green Pest Defense has the tools, safety equipment, and knowledge to eliminate your wasp problem without putting anyone in danger.