Green Pest Defense is proud to be one of the best rated pest control companies in Portland, Maine. We serve both commercial and residential clients throughout the state. Some of the reasons that make Green Pest Defense the leading pest management company include:
- We have a pool of expert technicians trained on how to use effective techniques on various pests.
- We have state-of-the-art equipment needed to deal with mouse and rodent infestations in homes or businesses.
- We offer continuous training to our staff on how to provide high-quality services to our clients while following EPA guidelines.
- Our priority when serving our clients is their health. We never compromise on the safety of children, pets, plants, or the environment.
- Checkout our 5 star ratings on Google – Over 100 5 star reviews!
- Locally owned and family operated right here in Maine!
- Maines trusted exterminator with decades of experience
Portland Carpenter Ant Control
Despite the many benefits of carpenter ants to our ecosystem, no one desires to have them in their homes. They have the potential of drastically weakening the structure of your home and causing serious damage. Carpenter ants can multiply very fast when they find a conducive place to lay eggs so it’s important to call a pest management professional as soon as you see signs of an Carpenter ant infestation no matter big or small.
There are several strategies you could apply to prevent a carpenter ant infestation:
- Consider moving any wood products that you have 20 feet away from your exterior walls.
- When storing wood, try and elevate it so that it doesn’t touch the ground. Also, ensure that you don’t store firewood inside your house or crowded basements.
- Ensure there are no leaks around plumbing fixtures as carpenter ants are attracted to moisture.
Contact Green Pest Defense if you notice any trace of carpenter ants. We will save you the hassle and headaches of trying to eliminate the ants by yourself.
Portland Mouse and Rodent Control Experts
There has been a significant rise in mice and rodents in the recent years in Portland, Maine. The weather in Portland and the availability of food is one of the main reasons for the increase. The worst thing about mice and rodents is that they can contaminate food and living spaces. Evidence shows that mice and rodents can spread at least 35 different diseases to humans! Do not allow your mouse infestation to get out of control and put your health or reputation in harm’s way. Contact us for a free mouse or rat control estimate and learn how we can protect your property year round.
On top of the health hazards they pose, mice and rodents also have the potential to cause house fires. They do so by chewing on wiring that they have access to in or around your property. There are several techniques you may use to reduce rodents and mice infestations. For instance, ensure that shrubs around your house don’t grow tight together. If shrubs grow tight together, they become nesting ground for rodents. Also, try hard to seal your house and entry points they may gain access to. One way of sealing your house is ensuring that your doors and windows fit correctly and the weather stripping is sealed. If your mouse or rodent infestation problem is severe, contact Green Pest Defense experts for a free estimate!